Here’s a video for a new song: “God Knows I’m No Saint Paul”.
The idea started like this:
1. Make a list of famous people with really cool names.
2. Find a way to make them rhyme occasionally.
3. Group them in threes (or try to) — based mostly on how they sound or whether they would get along. Or maybe because they wouldn’t.
4. Come up with the conceit that “I’ve” tried to be like these people at one point or another.
5. Accept the inevitable failure of being the person someone else wants you to be.
6. Find a line that rhymes with Saint Paul — tie into main idea.
8. Then, after recording (but before final mix) — come up with video concept.
9. Pitch idea to wife.
10. Search for famous people mentioned on google images.
11. Buy construction paper, foam board, and glue sticks.
12. Get to cutting — rely on your wife’s amazing artistic abilities and stick-to-it-tiveness.
13. Work for 30 hours or so.
14. And enjoy.